Friday, August 28, 2009

Budget Updates

Hi Everyone.

Jordan and I attended a budget meeting for the year this morning and I've got several updates for everyone.

1. Unfortunately, we are going to have to charge dues this year. On the plus side, all of the other Grady clubs' dues are above $40 and we're just going to charge $10 each for the entire year. While anyone can still come to the meetings, there are several things that the club will do such as field trips, workshops, etc. that you will only be able to attend if you have paid your dues. If everyone could please bring $10, cash or check, to the next meeting, that'd be swell! We're going to be keeping a lot closer track of who has paid and who hasn't, so please don't try to skip this. In order for the club to have food at the meetings, get the speakers here and go on field trips, etc. we have to have money to do all of those things. I'm sorry that we're having to charge dues, but that's just the way it is...

2. For those interested in attending the MAGS Conference: The good news is we can still go on our field trips and the admission ($10) to attend the conference will be paid for you! The bad news is, unless we want our meetings to be food and speaker free, we're going to have to foot the bill for the gas. Right now, we have two volunteers (myself and Marianne) to drive. If nobody volunteers, we can't get there. I need 3 more drivers! If we put 5 people to a car, it will be less than $8/person to attend the MAGS Conference. This is well worth it. However, if you cannot afford to attend the trip anymore, I need to know ASAP.

So, to review.. I need 3 people to volunteer to drive. It's going to cost about $8 to attend this conference. If you can't go anymore, please let me know.

3. For those interested in attend the Paste Field Trip: Right now, we have one volunteer (myself) to drive. I need 4 more drivers! If we put 5 people to a car, it will be less than $8/person to attend the field trip at Paste. Considering the experience we'll get at the magazine's office, this is well worth it. However, if you cannot afford to attend the trip anymore, I need to know ASAP.

So, to review.. I need 4 people to volunteer to drive. It's going to cost about $8 to attend this field trip. If you can't go anymore, please let me know.

Have a great weekend!

No comments: