Saturday, August 15, 2009

Back to School

Hello All,

I can't believe summer is nearly over and in just a few days, we'll be back at school. How did this happen? I hope you all had a great summer and although, I'm dreading classes starting again, I'm super excited about Magazine Club this year. I've already got a lot of speakers lined up for the fall, a field trip to Paste scheduled, and another field trip for a conference in Atlanta. I wanted to write to clue you guys in on a few things and to ask you a few questions. So, let's get started:

1. Our first meeting will be August 26th. This is just going to be an introductory meeting where we will discuss what we have planned for the school year and see where we can fill in some holes to really get the most out of the club this year. If you have any ideas, suggestions, comments, etc. that you'd like to get off your chest now, PLEASE email me (katemparham@gmail.com) and let me know. I'd love to hear your suggestions.

2. I'm interested in attending a MAGS conference in Atlanta this fall. Here is a link to the site with some information about the event: https://s08.123signup.com/servlet/SignUp?PG=1522881182300&P=1522881191159137300&Info=. DON'T REGISTER YET! If you think you'd like to attend this event, which you definitely should :), PLEASE EMAIL ME AND LET ME KNOW. We're going to have to give them a heads up and make a reservation. And hopefully, they'll be able to give us a discounted rate, if we bring enough people. I think the event should be great and we'll likely try to organize some type of carpool to get us all down there. Please RSVP at katemparham@gmail.com

3. We're also planning a field trip to Paste Magazine on Sept. 21. If you'd be interested in going on this field trip, again, Please RSVP at katemparham@gmail.com.

OK I think that's it for now. Please keep checking the website for updates and I hope to see everyone on the 26th.

Thanks,
Kate Parham
President of Magazine Club

P.S. I started a blog this summer for college students that you all should definitely check out. It's called Get Smart and you can find it at www.getsmartblog.com. Thanks!

No comments: